Fundraising usually brings up feelings of fear and seems impossible at the first glance. We get that. We believe that fundraising:
gives people who want to help a solution.
gives experience in how to give a pitch.
increases your self confidence as you reach a goal that seems a little out of your reach.
provides opportunities for others to support you in pursuing your goals.
gives you skills and tools in communication, event planning, budgeting, and public speaking.
creates opportunities for you to be resourceful and creative.
To accomplish this, InSite provides the tools you need to fundraise in a way that is authentic and natural for you, that excites your network in wanting to contribute and gets you to your goal.
InSite is fully aware of the risks of traveling. We stay in secured locations, with locked gates and added security, when needed. We hire drivers and travel with our local partners while we are there. The students are never alone or allowed to be out without adult supervision. When in the settlements, we are in a group and we all walk and work in groups of at least 3 people. It’s one of the reasons we have training sessions and work on team building. We build a high sense of trust between us to ensure that we will all do our part for the good of the group.
Being active in the raising of funds gets you more connected with the cause and needs of those in South Africa. Fundraising teaches the value of money, how to give a pitch, handle rejection, builds resilience and confidence. It provides an opportunity for more people to participate and provides the resources for InSite to contribute to projects in South Africa.
InSite gives agents all the tools and training needed to accomplish this goal and empowers them to tap into their bravery and risk taking powers.
1. InSite provides 2 letter templates for you to personalize and send to at least 40 people. You'll ask your parents/family to help you come up with 40 people.
2. InSite members can use Facebook’s donation tool so, you’ll be given instructions on how to recruit family and friends to raise funds for you on FB with our Birthday fundraising campaigns.
3. Each team member will receive a Social Media kit including pictures, sample text and instructions on how to use Instagram, FB and other SM platforms to raise funds.
4. A workshop inspires agents on how our 3rd party platform, pifworld.com and how to use this effectively.
5. You'll gain experience in writing and giving a pitch that is authentic, true and speaks to your passion which inspires others to want to join you in your cause.
6. The first 10 students to complete the sign up process will win InSite’s fundraising bundle which includes a location/food/drink for an event to raise funds.
The most important step is deciding you can do this, the rest is just follow through, and we'll be there to support you all the way. Confidence comes when you do something you didn't think you could do. Bravery is being scared and doing it anyway. Step into the person you want to be. That's what we encourage.
Now that CAS is something you need to graduate, you have the opportunity to join InSite! All the learning outcomes of CAS can all be done within InSite. Each student choose the learning outcomes they find relevant for each activity, action or learning, within each module. InSite provides a proven structure for you to get CAS done without even trying. It's a natural process within InSite.
Each of the 6 modules are done over a 5 week period. There are 4-6 hours of time with your small group team of agents with a facilitator. The group decides when they meet. The 5th Sunday is "Action Sunday" where all participants in all the different modules come together for a common action day. This will be a 5 hour action-based experience somewhere in Amsterdam.
So each module is a maximum total of 11 hours over the 5 week period.
The trip to South Africa will take place over the Feb or May holiday for about 11 days.